Your role at Aldridge will support some of the largest and most technically challenging infrastructure projects in the nation! Our Locates Coordinator will perform, support, and monitor facility locate activities including the performance of one-call locators and third party contractors that carry out the locating and excavating activities.
What you’ll do:
Perform essential project and divisional duties including:
- Compliance with company policies and state statutes as they relate to facility locate and damage prevention work.
- Provide training to internal and external audiences relative to policy and procedures and state one- call laws. Training sessions may vary from one on one to group settings.
- Support timely response to emergency, short-notice, and on the job calls whenever required.
- Take action necessary to eliminate confusion between locate requests, one- call centers, damage prevention, and field personnel.
- Communicate effectively with governmental agencies, one-call centers, other utilities, contractors, plumbers, vendors, customers, Columbia mobile workforce, operating centers, and other related entities.
- Support company in response to dig in, emergency, and short notice locate needs.
- Represent Aldridge on various councils and committees specific to Damage Prevention and Risk Management.
- Coordinate with the integration center, damage recovery, local operations, and contract locators in response to facility damages and facility damage investigations.
- Monitor compliance based on knowledge of state specific one-call legislation requirements.
- Make necessary communication to ensure that facilities are protected and marked as required.
- Continually prioritize workload to assist field personnel as non-compliance issues are identified.
- Make multiple judgment-based decisions relating to one-call legislation compliance, emergency response, and safety concerns in a fast-paced environment.
- Negotiate and collaborate with field and locate requests (contractors, municipalities, customers, etc.) to ensure appropriate company response and safe excavation practices compliant with state mandated requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external regulatory compliance in identifying areas for improvement.
- Suggest process improvements to further enhance safety, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Utilize PC and mainframe systems to access information and support decisions.
Who you are:
We are pursuing candidates with the following qualifications:
- BS/BA preferable.
- Knowledge of basic PC applications/skills. Intermediate to advanced Excel and database skills required.
- Ability to interpret and integrate various pieces of information/data in order to understand pipeline routing scenarios.
- Knowledge of locating practices and construction practices as they relate to underground facility protection. Working knowledge of state one-call laws a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups, speak in public, and present materials/training to excavators in support of the damage prevention program.
Who we are:
Aldridge, a family owned company, is one of the largest specialty contractors in the US, dealing in the power and transportation markets. We have built a reputation as a trusted source in the construction industry, with close to 70 years in business, 1,200 employees, and offices and job sites nationwide. Our continued success is attributed to our commitment to quality, attention to project planning, and dedication to an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
Aldridge’s mission is to build and strengthen America’s infrastructure, and that starts with building the strongest team. We have sustained significant growth and foresee that continuing for years to come. Our ability to execute difficult projects is made possible by engaging passionate, forward thinking, and innovative people.
What we offer:
At Aldridge, you will be a valued member of our workforce and receive:
- 401K plan with matching contributions
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Health Wellness Programs
- Life and Disability Insurance
Aldridge cares about our team members and the communities in which they live. We are proud to support and participate in:
- Bridges to Prosperity
- Bucks for Burn
- Special Olympics’ Polar Plunge
- Feed My Starving Children
- Greenhouse Scholars
This job-specific task list covers only the most important job duties. Employees assigned to this position title will also perform other occasional work assignments not mentioned above, including temporary assignments, training assignments, and other related duties. Aldridge is an EEO Employer and will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.